Our human mind is curious. Constantly we wish to know more about our surroundings. Interestingly, no human can ever know all the facts about the world we are living in. Here are the 25 unknown facts about the world:-
1. Everyone has a unique tongue print, just like fingerprints.
2. Female kangaroos have three vaginas.
3. Light doesn’t necessarily travel at the speed of light. The slowest ever recorded light moving at is 38 mph.
4. The loneliest creature on Earth is a whale who has been calling out for a mate for over two decades — but whose high-pitched voice is so different to other whales that they never respond.
5. The first man to urinate on the moon was Buzz Aldrin, shortly after stepping onto the lunar surface.
6. The Dance Fever of 1518 was a month-long plague of inexplicable dancing in Strasbourg, in which hundreds of people danced for about a month for no apparent reason. Several of them danced themselves to death.
7. There’s an opera house on the U.S.–Canada border where the stage is in one country and half the audience is in another.
8. The Romans used to clean and whiten their teeth with urine. Apparently it works. Please don’t do it, though.
9. There are more lifeforms living on your skin than there are people on the planet.
10. The last man to walk on the moon, Gene Cernan, promised his daughter he’d write her initials on the moon. He did, and her initials, “TDC,” will probably be on the moon for tens of thousands of years.
11. In the 1960s, the CIA tried to spy on the Kremlin and Russian embassies by turning cats into listening devices. The program, called Acoustic Kitty, involved surgically implanting batteries, microphones and antennae inside cats
12. Russia didn’t consider beer to be alcohol until 2011. It was previously classified as a soft drink.
13. Two-thirds of the people on Earth have never seen snow. Not surprisingly, I am one of them.
14. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
15. It would take over 1,000 years to watch every video on YouTube.
16. French was the official language of England for over 600 years.
17. Earth is the only planet not named after a god.
18. People say “Bless you” when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.
19. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
20. Your chances of being killed by a vending machine are actually twice as large as your chance of being bitten by a shark.
21. The largest numbers the Greeks and the Romans used were of the range 10^6. It is amazing to know that Hindus from India used numbers as big as 10^53 with specific names for those big numbers as early as 5000 BC during the Vedic period. Even today, the largest used number is Tera which is 10^12.
22. Believe it or not, dolphins commit suicide. When dolphins are troubled they commit suicide either by refusing food or smashing their heads to walls.
23. Honey does not spoil. You could feasibly eat 3000 year old honey.
24. “Facebook Addiction Disorder” is a mental disorder identified by Psychologists.
25. Hitler’s mother considered abortion but the doctor persuaded her to keep the baby.